HERITAGE

Historical overview of the physical plant of the College

1953 Purchase of the land by Sociedad Inmobiliaria Colegio Helvetia, S.A.

1954 Construction of the school begins according to the plans submitted by Victor Schmid, the winner of the design competition held for this purpose.

1955 Completion of the first stage, consisting of 24 classrooms grouped into four pavilions, the head office, secretary's office, temporary kitchen and bakery, two kindergarten kiosks and the chapel for religious services, built with loans from Swiss corporations.

1956 Construction begins on the dining room and roof in front of the chapel by the firm Pizano, Pradilla y Caro. Design: Víctor Schmid

1957 Completion of the work.

1960 Construction of the third and fourth kindergarten kiosks. Design: Victor Schmid

1963 Construction of study rooms, bathrooms for gymnastics and carpentry area.

Design: Architect Sigfried Gitterle

1965 Construction of the "science pavilion" (physics and chemistry laboratory building), two classrooms, an auditorium and the library in the south-west corner of the campus.

Design: Arch. Roger Rickenmann

Construction: Arch. Sigfried Gitterle

1969 Construction of the first floor of the "boys' area".

Design: Arq. Isaza, Camargo, Valencia y Cía.

1972 Construction of the gymnasium.

Design: Arq. Isaza, Camargo, Valencia y Cía.

1984 Construction of lakes between classroom buildings and the new layout of Avenida Boyacá.

1992 Declaration of the College as an asset of national cultural interest.

Construction of Avenida Boyacá.

Demolition of the dining room.

1999 Construction of the research centre.

Design: Arq. Alejandro Sokoloff M.

2013 Helvetia School Master Plan Design

Felipe González Pacheco

class="img-responsive

2018 Construction begins on the first phase of the Master Plan "Primary and Secondary School Classrooms".

Design: Arq. Giancarlo Mazzanti

class="img-responsive